Doubles Racing Jul 10, 2016 13:49:11 GMT
Post by Admin on Jul 10, 2016 13:49:11 GMT
This event is taking place TBD
00:00 BST(UK)/00:00 Eastern
Welcome to the second organised GTA Online racing event with the Overwhelmers crew and Dcuo_man's stream.
How to Sign Up
1. Firstly if you haven't signed up to this forum then please do so, and then please read this post fully.
2. If you haven't added your PSN ID to your signature (recommended) include your PSN ID along with your sign up.
3. All you have to do is simply reply to this post and I will add you to the list of players signed up on this original post.
4. Now all you have to do is send 'Matty17LUFC' a friend request on PSN, of lookout for one from me. This is so that you can be invited to the pre-race free roam lobby (opens 30 mins before start time) which will only be open to signed up players.
Please Note: If I added you previusly you may no longer be on my friends list, nothing personal just cleared it out - so you may need to send do this step again even if you took part in the last event.
This event will take place on: TBC
This is a team racing event. What this means is that the same model as of real life motorsport will be used. I completely understand that this will be something not familiar with many, but I can assure you it is actually very simple to understand:
Teams are not in the same car. They are completely independent from their teammates, the only thing that makes them a team is that each driver's points earned from their own finishing position is added together to produce an average finish position. The team with the highest position wins. Therefore a team with a high finisher and low finisher is not guaranteed to finish in first even if their fastest driver wins every single race. This format will give a drivers champion and a team champion at the end of the event.
What about cars?
We will be using custom vehicles from a range of classes throughout the event, however if you do not have a fully upgraded vehicle and cannot or don't want to purchase one then we will be able to spawn you one before the start of the race as we will be using a 'GTA Race' which does not mean that shooting or other misconduct such as deliberately ramming other players will be tolerated. If you are using someone else's spawned in car then please keep in mind that you cannot use the respawn action (holding triangle) as you will lose your car and another one will not be spawned for you.
Important Note - Please ensure you follow the following rules throughout the event's duration. Players who break these rules will be subject to review and will be punished accordingly and could even face PERMANENT bans from the crew if severe breaches are made.
1. Contact - Whilst deliberate and aggressive contact is strictly forbidden, it can not be expected that you should react to accidentally hitting someone by waiting for them to get past you as would be ideal, fair and good sportsmanship due to the infancy of this crew in relation to this and future events. Therefore this rule is simply that you should not deliberately ram another player, wait for a proper opportunity to get past them if you are overtaking and also do not excessively block them if they are coming past from behind you.
2. Listen - This rule is applicable in all directions, primarily you should listen to the event organisers and should feedback with any problems you have. Please respect other players, yes this is a competition but please focus your aggression on putting in a good and friendly racing performance and not verbally towards other players.
3. Abuse of the event - This is a serious racing event, shooting (even harmlessly), killing, ruining others' race (eg. driving backwards or blocking the track) and other anti-social behaviour will be treated as gross misconduct and WILL have a consequence on your participation in the crew and of future events. I understand the context of GTA and its violent theme, however it is also a hub for many other activities and if you cannot appreciate this then I would advise that this event isn't for you.
2. JakubBite (Jakub_L123-Rdp)
More spaces available if needed.