Team Racing - First Edition Mar 7, 2016 0:03:46 GMT
Post by Admin on Mar 7, 2016 0:03:46 GMT
Full results below, (can be explained upon request)
--------> imgur.com/HtnhjPc <--------
--------> imgur.com/HtnhjPc <--------
This event is taking place this Saturday (2nd)
19:30 BST(UK)/14:30 Eastern
Team Racing First Edition
Welcome to the first attempt of an organised GTA Online racing event with the Overwhelmers crew and Dcuo_man's stream.
How to Sign Up
1. Firstly if you haven't signed up to this forum then please do so, and then please read this post fully.
2. If you haven't added your PSN ID to your signature (recommended) include your PSN ID along with your sign up.
3. All you have to do is simply reply to this post and I will add you to the list of players signed up on this original post.
4. Now all you have to do is send 'Matty17LUFC' a friend request on PSN, of lookout for one from me. This is so that you can be invited to the pre-race free roam lobby (opens 30 mins before start time) which will only be open to signed up players.
This event will take place on: TBC (Last two weeks of March) Probably a Saturday between 18:00 and 20:00 GMT.
This is a team racing event. What this means is that the same model as of real life motorsport will be used. I completely understand that this will be something not familiar with many, but I can assure you it is actually very simple to understand:
Teams are not in the same car. They are completely independent from their teammates, the only thing that makes them a team is that each driver's points earned from their own finishing position is added together to give a team points total. The team with the highest total wins. Therefore a team with a high finisher and low finisher is not guaranteed to finish in first even if their fastest driver wins every single race. This format will give a drivers champion and a team champion at the end of the event.
How are teams formed?
In the interest of fairness you can not choose your team mates. Also all teams will include the same range of skill levels. To achieve this there will be a qualifying race that will determine individual skill levels based on the fastest lap time you achieve, NOT on finishing position. This race will be separate from the main body of races/playlist (this event may be in parts). After this race players will be ordered based on their fastest lap time and then categorised from this in even intervals. From here teams will be randomly drawn a player from each of these categories making the teams fairly balanced.
ie. each team will have a category 1, cat. 2 and a cat. 3 player. (May increase to 4 players on a team).
What is the qualifier?
As mentioned above the qualifying round will not determine who does and doesn't get into the main event, you will get in regardless. This has already been explained but it will be simply to organise teams and starting positions. The qualifier specifically will be single 10 lapped race around one of the tracks that will feature as a race in this event, the track is called Tom Cruisin' and can be bookmarked here: goo.gl/T8vhHC if you want to practice it beforehand to ensure you achieve a high finish from recording a fast lap time.
What about cars?
We will be using custom vehicles from a range of classes throughout the event, however if you do not have a fully upgraded vehicle and cannot or don't want to purchase one then we will be able to spawn you one before the start of the race as we will be using a 'GTA Race' which does not mean that shooting or other misconduct such as deliberately ramming other players will be tolerated. If you are using someone else's spawned in car then please keep in mind that you cannot use the respawn action (holding triangle) as you will lose your car and another one will not be spawned for you. It is unlikely you will ever need to respawn on the tracks we will be racing on however there will be repair pickups easily accessible on each track (the big, shiny, floating spanners).
Furthermore if you do want your own car and need to buy it prior to the event please click here to find a post with very useful information on what cars are the best for racing. (This is a necessity if you want to be competitive at the top of the event).
Important Note - Please ensure you follow the following rules throughout the event's duration. Players who break these rules will be subject to review and will be punished accordingly and could even face PERMANENT bans from the crew if severe breaches are made.
1. Contact - Whilst deliberate and aggressive contact is strictly forbidden, it can not be expected that you should react to accidentally hitting someone by waiting for them to get past you as would be ideal, fair and good sportsmanship due to the infancy of this crew in relation to this and future events. Therefore this rule is simply that you should not deliberately ram another player, wait for a proper opportunity to get past them if you are overtaking and also do not excessively block them if they are coming past from behind you.
2. Listen - This rule is applicable in all directions, primarily you should listen to the event organisers and should feedback with any problems you have. Please respect other players, yes this is a competition but please focus your aggression on putting in a good and friendly racing performance and not verbally towards other players.
3. Abuse of the event - This is a serious racing event, shooting (even harmlessly), killing, ruining others' race (eg. driving backwards or blocking the track) and other anti-social behaviour will be treated as gross misconduct and WILL have a consequence on your participation in the crew and of future events. I understand the context of GTA and its violent theme, however it is also a hub for many other activities and if you cannot appreciate this then I would advise that this event isn't for you.
1. matty17lufc (Brackets are PSN IDs if different to forum names)
2. JakubBite (Jakub_L123-Rdp)
4. braydenh25 (chase_sos)
5. merc (MercenaryChaos)
6. iambatesii (Officialdarkside)
7. Crazy (crazyforpresident)